Wednesday, March 26, 2008


Happy Easter!
So it was Easter and it was so nice to be at our home with our kids and have each other around! This past two weeks really has made me sit back and realize the things that are most important to me.
We went to Taylor on Thursday and had the viewing that evening
and the family dinner afterwards. As hard as it was to see my sweet nephew I am so glad to be a part of my Family. You really realize the meaning of Family after something like this. We had a very
nice funeral service for him and I could feel the spirit so strong.
I think sometimes going to church seems so normal that it gets
tough to feel the spirit. I sat there with my family, and then some,
and my kids were all there and I still was able to listen and to
feel the spirit. I know that my brother and his wife and children
have a long road ahead of them, but I pray that the comforter
will extend his arms around them as often as they need him,
I know that through faith it will be so. I have a knew gratitude
for my brothers and my sisters that I know was there but
maybe a little dusty. My moms family and my dads family
showed so much support to our family, and it was definitely
needed. I saw all my brothers in a completely different

light and I am so grateful for that! My sister and my
parents are so amazing also and I realized

how luck I am after this with them, because you don't realize
that your entire family is morning with them so that they are
not alone. I love this world and I am grateful that my

family is the family I was given.

12 comments:

Tara Fisher said...

Emily and Randall,
You have such a beautiful family and an awesome blog. Looks like your crew is having fun. Love you guys.
Tara

Emily R said...

sympathies to you and your family. i am glad that you have such a great source for strength and comfort in your family and church. hope you had a good easter!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

it is a wonderful thing to have your family close and to know that you can rely on them no matter what. my thought and prayers are with you.

Nichols Family said...

Emily,
Our warmest regards to you and your family at this time. I know you guys are probably getting a lot of calls, etc...but I heard about Ed and Sarah's loss and wanted to send something but I have no way of reaching them. Please tell them we love them and they are in our prayers. We didn't know about the accident or funeral until afterwards. If you have time will you give them my email or blog info? Thanks,
Jennie (Player) Nichols
nichols.jennie@gmail.com
nicholscrew.blogspot.com

Jen Talbot said...

I was heartbroken when I heard about your nephew, but I am so glad you have the family you do. You have always been close and now seem even closer. My prayers have been and will continue to be with you and your entire family.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

emily, hey I couldnt read your post about what happened..its all in fonts. What happened?? Im sorry, it sounds really sad...please fill me in

thanks.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

hey, i was able to read the last post in a different setting on the computer. Anyways, Im so so so so so sorry about your loss. Your brother and his family will be in our prayers

Susan said...

I loveeeeeeeeee the picture of sweet chunky Quincy and Randall, so cute! I can't stop thinking about your brothers family, I know you have been a great support to them. Allyson was telling me alittle bit about it on Easter Sunday--I was so touched about what the oldest brother said at the funeral. You have a great family.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

emily...my brother and Dan Wilson wanted Ed's address...can you email it to me..

meredith91@yahoo.com

thanks

Shannon said...

I still cant read your blog!

Shannon said...

I still cant read your blog!

Tiffany said...

I can't read your blog either. Can't figure out whats going on????

My Guests