Monday, November 19, 2007

GREAT MEMORIES!! Seriosly.....

Memories, Memories!
Here is a great one!
So this last pregnancy I went in to see Dr. Seal at his office and he had waited until my 13 week checkup because I had miscarried so much, this was safer. Anyhoo in his office they have these neat gowns instead of the great paper ones. They are Mauve, and have REALLY tight Velcro down the front. So I don't know anyone that is cozy waiting for the dr to come in knowing that yea you are stark NAKED under the gown. I am now a real modest person but even I get on edge. So my Dr is slightly serious so when I see him I always break the ice first, in this instance this was the conversation.......
me "well hi, do you like my dress?"
dr "lovely isn't it?"
me "if you would like I could tell you where to get one for your wife."
dr "chuckle,chuckle"


he come around the front of me listening to my chest and heart, then scoots right in front of me as says "alright Emily open up"
So I then proceed to RIP open the front of my gown, so oh yea they are lookin right at him!
Dr. "oh no sweetheart I need to see your throat!"
So needless to say a very neatly grab both sides of the gown and closed it ever so tightly and tried to change the subject without laughing at myself!

17 comments:

Libby said...

I love that story! I remember you telling us that at Bunko-it is truly the best dr story ever!!!!!

Tiffany said...

That is really funny! Even more funny when you see Dr. Seal! I will keep that in mind at my appt with him tomorrow morning! There is NEVER a dull moment with you Emily!

the cummard family said...

SHUT UP-that is hilarious!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i love that story.... i would have died ;0

Shannon said...

I remember when you called right after and were so embarrassed! Your so funny!

Tracey said...

Emily, you are one of kind! You make me laugh!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is the funniest story ever!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

NO WAY!!!! that is soooo funny! thanks for the great laugh! ha! You know your DR is still talking about it !

Miss Fergie said...

You are so hilarious! Kristine goes to Dr. Seal too. I can't wait to tell her that story.

Paige said...

i love this story i'm glad you shared with more to hear, but you really think your modest, did i hear that right?

onehm said...

Love it. HILARIOUS!!
I would have died.

Webb Family said...

I forgot how funny that story is!!! You crack me up! I had so fun last night!

Emily R said...

FUNNY!!! i love those embarassing dr stories!

Birchall Family said...

Emily that is the funniest story ever! I love it! I am totally laughing out loud right now!

Katie said...

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!

Jen Talbot said...

That is awsome....something I would totally do. By the way, I finally got a blog up and going.
www.totallytalbot.blogspot.com
Hope to run into you again soon!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

That is probably one of the funniest things i've ever heard :)

My Guests