Sunday, January 13, 2008

Forgot to mention........Antabiotic FREE!


December of 2005 my sweet little Reese was about six months old and I had taken her in to the doctor on a Monday and he told me she looked fine but if she started a high fever to bring her back, well that night is when she started running a fever. My Reese got up to about 102.5 when I decided to bring her back in. She had been really fussy and not sleeping, pretty much she seemed just sad and unhappy with anything. I took her in and Dr. Mike, if any of you have him I love him he is great, and he took her temp looked at her, left the room and came back in and said....
"I have just called down to mesa Lutheran and they are expecting you now. Don't go home, go straight there your baby is sick.
I think she either has meningitis or a really bad UTI."
Well this was really alot to take in so I called my mom and she was on her way there to meet me and Randalls mom was on her way to take the kids. So I went down there and waited and after four attempts at drawing her blood and the setup for a
spinal tap they got blood and urine......feeeeeuw! They tested both and found that she had a kidney infection, it was not ever a UTI, yep kidneys.
This situation led to a year and a half of tests and caths and lots of
drugs, everyday in fact she would take antibiotics.
Well on May 29, 2007 Reese went in for surgery and had a billaderal uriter re implantation. I don't think there is anything that can prepare you for the way it feels to have your baby taken from your arms, and praying that Heavenly Father knows that you could not handle it if something were to happen to her. I t is a very eery feeling and you feel as though you are watching yourself go through this. This was scary, and so hard to see your precious angel baby this way. I was six and a half months pregnant with Quincy, number five, And it was my birthday the next day! We stayed for three nights and brought her home, safe but cranky with a scar that looks like she had a c-section. She was still on antibiotics until November 17, 2007.......Yeah!!!!! So now we move on and hope there are no more issues! All in all I am glad that my sweet Reese is still here and now healthy and normal.
I love you Soooooo much!

9 comments:

Webb Family said...

I'm so happy that sweet Reese is all better! I still remember the Sunday she came back to nursery just wanted to protect her from all the other kiddos!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

what an ordeal. glad she is all done with that. hope things stay good for her and there are no more complications.

Libby said...

Oh my gosh!!! I had no idea that she ever went through all of that. I'm glad to hear that all is well. She sure is a cutie!

Crazymamaof6 said...

poor thing! yay for no antibiotics! whohooo! that is huge, daily meds suck! she is adorable! hope she is feeling way better and continues to.

Emily R said...

wow... i cant imagine what that would be like. glad for no more antibiotics - that must be as good as not having to buy diapers anymore! she is a cutie pie!

Jamie said...

I'm so sad you guys had to go through that:(. So glad she is all better!

Andréa Morrow said...

I feel for ya Emily :) that's wonderful she's done w/ meds! I'm telling you, kids that get sick and so strong and it's an experience to learn from as an adult for sure!

Kendee said...

I had no idea. I am glad she is doing fine now. What a hard thing to go through.

Haleigh said...

Hey Emily-
I found your blog from Amber Whiting's blog today and read this story. Peyton, who is in preschool with your daughter Kali had the same situation. She lived with the caths antibiotics and high fevers for the first 18 months of her life until they finally figured out what was going on. She had two different surgeries and the second took. That was almost 2 years ago. I can totally relate to the feeling of having her taken away, we had it happen twice. Anyways, it was nice to read someone else's story that was so similar.

Haleigh

My Guests