Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Seeing Clear

over the last 6 or so years i have been in a tail spin of many sorts. on a personal level, trying to remember the person i was raised to be, and trying desperately to let her back in and take over the chaos for me. that doesnt just HAPPEN, it takes alot of tears, hard work and more than any "normal" dose of reality. sometimes this reality smacks you square in the kisser and you dont even have a right hook as a counter to it! it has taken me seeing the things that i viewed as to be my very most prized possessions all but ripped from me. it has also taken nights of crazy dreams and remembering things that my heart has tried to lock away so deep that it couldnt hurt me any longer and it just pops up when you least expect it! for the first time in WAY too long i feel like the clarity is finally coming out! i want to dance around in my kitchen singing at the top of my lungs like i used to do when i thought i was "happy". well THAT girl is gone and ME has returned, stronger and hopefully wiser that she had been in the recent years. I have had some amazing support and some seriously amazing family and friends to snuggle me when i have needed it, and to tell me a funny story when i needed a good giggle. i have learned the value of a REAL smile, i think most people would say i love to smile, but having come from the places i have and the emotions that i have had, a GOOD, REAL, TRUE smile is definitely valued! I am not perfect, not by ANY stretch of the imagination, but you know what? i am def in a place where i have seen perfect moments!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

You are an amazing and strong woman!

Tiffanyrose said...

You ARE amazing Em. I just wish I had taken the time to spend more time with you and your fam while I lived there.

Crazymamaof6 said...

Awesome. Hang in there.

Tiffany said...

Love you Em... hang in there! xoxo

Tracey said...

Stay strong... We love you and pray for you!

The Ulrich Clan said...

You're right...I see the 'real' Em coming 'round again...and to be totally honest I love it! I love you and am so proud of you for all of your strength! You have, will and do inspire many Emily! Keep it up! Your strength will define your family and their future lives. As others see your continued strength and the up-beat person that you really are, it will inspire them to be great people too! We all love you so much...Thanks for hanging out with us...we really enjoyed having you here with us!

My Guests