Monday, September 24, 2007

Memory Monday

My friend Lindsay had this great idea for any
random memory for Mondays. I have had a few that I thought were funny, but here is one.

I remember as a kid we used to live on Gilbert road and Adobe and we lived across from this, at the time, HUGE retention basin. During monsoon season we would go "swimming" in this Nasty-A water. When my mom would come home from work she would be so grossed out and tell us all that we were going to get worms! Why is it when you are 8 and you have 3 older brothers and 1 sister,who happened to always be on there side, you end up doing all the Nasty-A things that they do, but YOU are always the gross kid, not them?


9 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i love that you did this!! i so remember playing in the disgusting irrigation and rain water.

Libby said...

That's funny. That brings back memories of playing in the nasty irrigation at my aunt's house. We'd always see pincher bugs. I can't believe I'd play in the nasty luke warm grassy water with who knows what floating in it. I know I wouldn't let me own kids play in it now. How the times have changed.

Katie said...

Hmmmm...I let my kids do that at our house. So far no worms thank goodness!

Emily R said...

that is funny. nothing better than an irrigation pool!!!

Paige said...

My kids love to play in the irrigation and I have a few pictures of your boys playing in our irrigation. I love your back ground but I sometimes can't read it!

Paige said...

ha ha! sorry i was helping paige post this is brooke!

Kendee said...

Emily, I am not surprised that you were labeled the gross kid. I love that about you. That water grosses me out to no end... I can't believe I used to look forward to rain for the same purpose, playing irrigation football. NASTY!!!

Paige said...

i love your memory and i can see all of you guys doing this. and now i know where get "watch out kali worms will come out of your butt!

Shannon said...

Emily I think you need to do a huge tribute to randall on your blog for his birthday. He will love that! hehe

My Guests